2018 is gearing up to be a huge year for digital marketing conferences & events with a jam-packed calendar full of incredible opportunities to gain insights, exchange ideas, and interact with industry leaders and peers. But with so many to choose from, where do you even start? Don’t worry – i’ve made the task of narrowing down your options a little easier.
Here is a list of all major marketing conferences to mark in your 2018 calendar. If you know of any other events or conferences happening in Australia this year that should be listed, let me know in the comments.
Brand Forum When: 21st-22nd February Where: Sofitel Wentworth, Sydney Website: www.brandforum.com.au Cost: $1260-$3630 Speakers: 35+ speakers, including Jennifer Sey (Levi Strauss & Co.), David Roman (Lenovo), Dana Anderson (Mondelez International), Chaz Gilles (The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.), Dina Marovich (Paramount Pictures), Sheri Conn (DreamWorks Animation) Brand Forum brings together CMOs and executives from local and leading brands. In this invitation-only event, you’ll interact with the best and brightest in the industry, discovering what it takes to boost your brand’s purpose and create successful strategies to overcome future challenges.
CMO Disrupt When: 22nd February Where: Melbourne Website: www.cmodisrupt.com.au/melbourne/ Speakers: Peter Sorckoff (Atlanta Hawks), Bill Binch (Marketo), Jac Phillips (Bank of Melbourne), Karen Ganschow (NAB), Blair Cook (Amicus Digital), Jo Gaines (Krux, A Salesforce Company), Nicole Brasz (Save the Children Australia), Asim Zaheer (Hitachi Data Systems), Matt Denman (Uber Victoria), Amanda McGregor (SBS), Nick Dempsey (GMC Software), Ananth Sarathy (Woolworths), Steve Cuda (Woolworths), Katherine Raskob (ADMA), Bernard Wilson (Woolworths), Aaron Everingham (GMC Software) CMO Disrupt 2018 looks at the challenges of ‘disruption’ through the lens of the CMO. Focusing on technology, innovation and disruption, this event delves deep into the evolving role of the CMO in a technology-driven world. This is your opportunity to engage with some of Australia’s most influential industry experts.
CXO Leaders Summit When: 22nd February, Melbourne | 8th-9th August, Sydney Where: Melbourne | Sydney Website: www.cxoleaders.com.au Speakers: Andrew Knott (NAB), Lee Tonitto (Australian Marketing Institute), Georgia Hinton (GE Healthcare), Amanda Herbert (Discovery Networks Asia Pacific) The 2018 CXO Leaders Summit Australia is a two-day strategic event, bringing together over 100 CMOs, CDOs and Heads of Customer Experience. This event is designed for industry leaders to interact with each other, gain and share valuable insight, and discuss the challenges that are currently facing the industry.
Retail Leaders Forum When: 6th-7th March Where: Sofitel Wentworth, Sydney Website: www.retailleaders.com.au Cost: $1260-$2200 Speakers: 50+ speakers, including Paul Misener (Amazon), John Durkan (Coles), Maggie Zhou (Alibaba Group), Roger Corbett (Woolworths), Alexis Horowitz-Burdick (Sephora Digital SEA (SGP)), Eric Peterson (Lululemon) The Retail Leaders Forum promises to be another leading industry event featuring some of the world’s top speakers. Discussions will centre on brand exposure, knowledge sharing and lead generation. This marketing platform offers the chance to demonstrate expertise, credibility and build your business within the retail industry.
- When: 13th-14th March
- Where: ICC, Sydney
- Website: www.seamless-expo.com.au/index.stm
- Cost: $1200-$1500
- Speakers: 100+ speakers, including Andreas Weigend (Amazon), Michele Fuhs (BMW Group), Goran Stefkovski (Kogan.com), Kelly Slessor (Shop You), Greg Moore (Macquarie Bank), David Koch (Pinstripe Media, Sunrise co-host)
Seamless is the world’s biggest event for retail, e-Commerce, payments and banktech. The conference brings together a broad spectrum of retailers, banks, brands, payment companies, start-ups, and technology and solution providers – as well as the sharpest minds in the industry – to learn, collaborate and network with peers.
- When: 22rd-23th March
- Where: The Hilton, Sydney
- Website: sydney.ad-tech.com
- Cost: $1,299
- Speakers: Brad Berens (Centre for the Digital Future), Stuart Bailey (PHD), Sandipan Roy (Isobar), Prue Cox (LinkedIn), Ryf Quail (Comexposium), Tatiana Kiblyk (IBM), Dan Richardson (Croud), Ros Allison (IAG), Roger Slater (Fulcrum), Nico Neumann (Melbourne Business School), Ronen Mense (Apps Flyer), Aine Hart (Sitback), Michael She (Thinfilm), Andrew Cowling (90 Seconds), Mark Wilson (Switch Media), Lisa Lewers (Lewers Research)
ad:tech is one of Australia’s top marketing events. This two-day conference gathers marketing, technology and media professionals from all corners of the industry to discuss challenges facing the marketplace, innovative ways to move forward, and develop strong and lasting partnerships. In line with this agenda, the theme for 2018 is “pioneering“.
Customer 360 Symposium
- When: 9th-11th April
- Where: Hunter Valley
- Website: www.ashtonmedia.com.au/symposiums/customer-360-symposium-2018/
- Cost: TBA
- Speakers: Jeanne Bliss (Customer Bliss), Jami Blake (Tiffany & Co), Ingrid Purcell (ME Bank), Jason Bradshaw (Volkswagen Group), Belinda Dimovski (Australian Red Cross), Mark Bradshaw (William Hill), Scott Howard (QBE), Iain Banks (TeleTech), Tom Champion (Forrester), Blake Hutchison (Luxury Escapes), Rod Moynihan (Zendesk), Kristi Knight (InMoment), Chris Brown (Confirmit), Dan Ross (Optimizely), Jaquie Scammell, Stuart Tucker (Hipages), Lawrence Mitchell (Sumo Salad)
Taking place over two days in the Hunter Valley, the 2018 Customer 360 Symposium delves into the ever-changing world of customer strategy. Assembling the brightest minds in the CX and marketing industry, this event gives you the opportunity to learn from inspiring keynote speakers, mingle with the industry’s elite, and exchange ideas ideas in an open and collaborative environment.
B2B Marketing Leaders Forum APAC
- When: 14th-16th May
- Where: Doltone House Jones Bay Wharf, Sydney
- Website: www.b2bmarketingleaders.com.au
- Cost: $1116-$3390
- Speakers: 20+ speakers, including Tricia Weener (HSBC), Kelly Watkins (Slack), Andrew Knott (NAB), Susan Jain (Singapore), Mark Phibbs (Cisco), David Redhill (Deloitte), Kate Burleigh (Former CMO Intel Australia & New Zealand), Julienne Harry (Lendlease)
If you’re ready to transform your marketing department and boost your revenue, the B2B Marketing Leaders Forum is the event for you. The forum brings together 300 CMOs and B2B marketers from around the country to learn from each other, get up to speed with the latest marketing strategies, and develop a stronger presence at the C-suite level.
- When: 15th-17th May
- Where: ICC, Sydney
- Website: www.cebit.com.au
- Cost: $1,100-$2,475
- Speakers: 250+ Speakers, 300+ Exhibitors
CeBIT Australia is celebrating its 17th year in 2018. It is known as the leading business technology event for the region, bringing together thousands of technology professionals from government, enterprise, SMEs and start-ups. You’ll meet over 300 companies exhibiting the latest tech before attending the conference to learn and expand your opportunities in the industry.
Retail Global Conference & Expo
- When: 23rd-25th May
- Where: Gold Coast Conference and Exhibition Centre
- Website: www.retailglobal.com.au
- Cost: $195-$1195
- Speakers: 100+ speakers, including CJ Rosenbaum (Amazon Sellers Lawyer), Ian Lurie (Portent), John Winning (Winning Group), Merline McGregor (Practicology), Chris Beck (Internet Marketing Inc.), Liran Hirschkorn (Amazing Freedom), Eddie Levine (Wholesale Breakthrough), Ruslan Kogan (Kogan)
The 2018 Retail Global Conference & Expo will be focused on retail solutions for retailers. It will provide excellent networking opportunities, access to 100+ local and industry experts, as well as hundreds of online merchants in an environment that promotes collaboration, knowledge sharing, and fun.
- When: June 12th-14th
- Where: Hilton Hotel, Sydney
- Website: www.mumbrella.com.au/mumbrella360
- Cost: $799-$1499
- Speakers: Petronella Panerus & Magnus Jakobsson (Akestam Holst), Christi Olson (Microsoft), Angela Bishop (Network 10), Scott Knoll (Integral Ad Science), Edwin Wong (Buzzfeed)
Mumbrella 360 is getting bigger and better every year. In 2018, this can’t-miss three-day event includes a number of challenging sessions designed by industry experts, case study learnings in the master class zone, exhibition areas featuring leading brands, as well as amazing networking opportunities to connect with peers.
- When: 4th July
- Where: ICC, Sydney
- Website: www.cmo.com.au/cmo-momentum/
- Cost: $495
- 2017 Speakers: 23 speakers, including Aisling Hassell (Airbnb), Mark Reinke (Suncorp), Jane Sydenham-Clarke (Freemasons Victoria), John Batistich (Westfield), David Raab (Raab Associates), Cambell Holt (Mercer), Cameron Pearson (Cover-More Group)
What does it take to be a modern marketing leader? This is the question CMO Momentum 2018 plans to answer. Designed for Australian CMOs and marketing and customer professionals alike, the event offers invaluable opportunities to gain insight, exchange ideas, and discover the best ways to succeed in a hyper-connected world.
- When: 25th-26th July
- Where: Sydney
- Website: www.onlineretailer.com
- Cost: $0-$3459
- 2017 Speakers: 85 speakers, including Stuart McFarland (eway), Grant Arnott (PowerRetail), Paul Greenberg (nora), Meray Azar (Jeanswest), Peter Mitchley-Hughes (Myer), Simon Clarkson (channeladvisor)
Online Retailer is Australia’s original exhibition and conference for technology-led retailers and retail enablers. Featuring local and international speakers, this event provides a fantastic platform for high-level networking, as well as discussing the latest retail models and the innovative technologies that enable them.
- When: 20-22nd August
- Where: Gold Coast, Australia
- Website: www.cmoanzsummit.com
- Cost: TBA
- Speakers: TBA
The annual CMO Summit brings together the industry’s leading buyers and sellers. This invitation-only event offers CMOs an exclusive look into what key drivers are shaping and influencing the industry. To keep the content relevant and engaging, the programme is aligned with the most recent marketing developments happening today.
ADMA Global Forum
- When: 30th – 31st August
- Where: Hilton Hotel, Sydney
- Website: www.adma.com.au/events/2018/global-forum
- Cost: $653-$2365
- Speakers: Confirmed speakers include Fred Neil (Amazon), Joshua To (Google), Roy Spence (The Purpose Institute)
Welcome to the biggest data-driven marketing conference in the southern hemisphere. ADMA Global Forum 2018 promises to be an inspirational and practical event, bringing together a lineup of world-class speakers to discuss the latest issues and trends from around the globe. If you’re looking for the ideas, motivation and skills you need to get ahead, this is the event for you.
- When: 18th September
- Where: Royal Randwick Racecourse, Sydney
- Website: www.reset.aana.com.au
- Cost: $950-$11,500
- 2017 Speakers: Jamie Barnard (Unilever plc), Shadi Halliwell (Three UK), Bessie Lee (Withinlink), Tom Goodwin (Zenith Media), John Kearon (System1 Group), Neil Perkin (Only Dead Fish)
Reset 2018 rounds up an inspiring cast of local and international speakers, ready to challenge the way you think and provide the marketing knowhow to tackle everyday challenges. This international networking event is designed to boost your creativity and change the way you approach accepted marketing practices – now and in the future.
There are also a few events that had great lineups but who are yet to announce dates for 2018 – they may or may not be running events this year but keep an eye out just in case:
Growth Marketing Summit
- When: ??
- Where: Sydney | Melbourne
- Website: www.growthmarketingsummit.com.au
- Cost: $180-$1495
- 2017 Speakers: 20 speakers, including Aaron Agius (Louder Online), Amanda Chase (REA Group), Andrew Cornell (ANZ Newsroom), Andrianes Pinantoan (Canva), Craig Davies (Sendle)
The Growth Marketing Summit has been put together specifically for leading CMOs to network and exchange important ideas. Expertly curated, this two-day conference will provide a platform to educate industry leaders on the best ways to be a successful marketer in an increasingly digital age.
- When: ???
- Where: Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- Website: http://symposium.adobe.com/au/
- Cost: TBA
- 2017 Speakers: Louise Herron (Sydney Opera House), Paul Robson (Adobe Asia Pacific), Brad Rencher (Adobe), Stephanie Tully (Qantas), Maile Carnegie (ANZ), Donna Morris (Adobe), Angelo Kourtis (Western Sydney University), Adam Spencer (Author and Comedian), Eric Bana (Actor and Comedian)
Adobe Symposium highlights the latest on digital marketing strategy and tech, featuring world-class speakers, immersive technology showcases, exclusive pre-conference activities, and training. Whether you’re new to digital marketing or an experienced veteran, you’ll no doubt gain valuable insights.
If you know of any other events or conferences happening in Australia this year that should be listed, let me know in the comments.